Crock Pot pork carnitas, made the 21 Day Fix way, are healthy, easy to make, and oh so delicious!
I’ve already talked about my obsession with Chipotle.
And my absolute favorite thing to add to my burrito bowl are the pork carnitas.
Holy heaven in a bowl.
You’ve tried pork carnitas, right? Please tell me you have. I need to discuss this with people who get it.
Anyway, this crock pot recipe is a pretty sweet copy cat of Chipotle’s Carnitas. Make a whole bunch and create your own burrito bowls, tacos, and mini bell pepper nachos. #yum
Crock Pot Pork Carnitas recipe is here:
- 2-3lb pork shoulder, fat trimmed off
- 1 cup of low sodium chicken broth
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- optional - 1-2 tsp of Chipotle Peppers in Adobe Sauce
- Salt-free adobo spice mix:
- 1tbsp garlic powder
- 1tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Trim all the fat off of the pork. This will keep it 21DF approved.
- Using the olive oil, brown the pork on all sides over high heat in a large pot. Do not skip this step (or else!).
- Transfer the pork to a cutting board and let it cool a bit.
- Once you can touch it without burning your fingers off, stab the meat with a sharp knife, making little slits. Stuff these slits with the sliced garlic.
- Rub the spice mixture all over the pork and put that bad boy in your crock pot. Pour the chicken broth in the bottom of the pot and turn on low.
- Cook for 10 hours, shred, and enjoy!
Are you doing a round of the 21 Day Fix? Don’t do it alone – let me coach you! Contact me at trueconfessionsofafitfoodie AT gmail DOT com to join my current challenge group. The group offers daily motivation, recipe ideas, and the support of over 200 women. Check out my Etsy Shop for 21 Day Fix eBooks with full grocery lists, prep tips, and easy to follow recipes!