Homemade mini meatballs trump any other type of meatball recipe you can make. And because these homemade mini meatballs are 21 Day Fix approved, this recipe is sure to become your favorite.
There are lots of 21 Day Fix meatball recipes on Pinterest.
But this girl…I’m kind of a meatball snob.
And, I’m sorry, but dry mustard just doesn’t belong in a meatball.
Anyway, my go-to turkey (or chicken) meatball recipe comes from the Barefoot Contessa. She rocks, but her recipes aren’t exactly #21dayfixapproved.
So I made a few modifications and these “fixed” homemade mini meatballs are juicy, flavorful and perfect to use in sauces, soups, pizzas, or plain!
Double or triple this recipe and freeze a bunch. You’ll thank me later!
- 1/2 cup of Ezekiel (or other whole grain) bread crumbs (throw a slice in your blender and pulse)
- 3/4 lb ground chicken or turkey
- 1/2 lb chicken or turkey sausage (I used Spicy Italian), removed from casing
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of parsley
- 1/3 cup of Parmesan/Romano cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons of chicken broth
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350
- Add the first 8 ingredients into a mixing bowl. Beat egg and add it in.
- Very gently, and this is key with ground chicken/turkey, mix just enough to combine ingredients.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with olive oil spray
- Drop small spoons of the meat mixture onto the baking sheet. You do not need to roll or shape them...they won't look perfect, but the less you handle them, the better!
- Give them another spray of olive oil. Cook for 30 mins or until golden brown. I usually flip mine half way.
21 Day Fix Container Count:
1 serving (around 7-8 mini meatballs) is nearly all RED with a small amount (1/3 or less) of YELLOW and BLUE.
Try not to eat all of the meatballs in one sitting. Like my husband just did.#heowesmebigtime
Are you doing a round of the 21 Day Fix? Don’t do it alone – let me coach you! Contact me at trueconfessionsofafitfoodie AT gmail DOT com to join my current challenge group. The group offers daily motivation, recipe ideas, and the support of over 200 women. Check out my Etsy Shop for 21 Day Fix eBooks with full grocery lists, prep tips, and easy to follow recipes!