Deconstructed fish tacos are the healthy, 21 Day Fix way to go across the border and enjoy a delicious dinner. This salad has all of the Mexican flavors you love in tacos, without the excessive fat and calories. Top this delicious salad off with a drizzle of homemade avocado cilantro dressing!
Confession #51- The end of summer has me out of sorts more than usual this year.
You see, my baby is starting Kindergarten on Monday and I’m spending a lot of time wondering just how the heck this happened.
I’m a teary-eyed, emotional, mom-mess.
And I forgot to buy corn tortillas at the grocery store.
How does one shop for the ingredients to make Fish Tacos and forget corn tortillas?
To my surprise, this deconstructed fish tacos dinner was a delight!
Yes, it’s essentially a fish Taco salad, but that does not sound appealing. At all. But this was delicious! And a whole GREEN! Yay!
Such a happy, healthy dinner…perfect for the melancholy end of summer. And this mess of a momma.
Deconstructed Fish Tacos for Two, with Avocado Cilantro dressing
- 12 oz fish or shrimp
- salt-free taco seasoning
- fresh cilantro
- 3 limes
- 1 cup diced mango
- 1 avocado, 1/2 of it diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 Tablespoon diced jalapeno
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 clove garlic
- Salad greens, chopped
- Cabbage, shredded
- Marinade the fish in taco seasoning, juice from 1 lime, and a small bunch of cilantro. Let sit for 20 minutes.
- Combine the mango through the diced red onion from the list of ingredients to make the salsa, using the 1/2 diced avocado. Add juice from one lime and a tablespoon of chopped cilantro.
- Grill fish until flaky and white.
- While the fish is cooking, make the Avocado Cilantro dressing. Simply place 1 cup of cilantro leaves and stems, the remaining half of avocado, the Greek yogurt, water, garlic and squeeze of lime. Pulse and you are DONE! Go check on your fish.
- Plate your salad with greens and cabbage, fish, mango salsa, and top with a Tablespoon of the delicious dressing.
21 Day Fix Container Count:
Serves 2 Salad, as pictured: 1 GREEN 1/2 PURPLE 1 BLUE 1 RED
You could cook this on the stove top, but I LOVE cooking fish outside. No smell or cleanup!!
After dinner, leave the dishes a bit longer. Hang on to summer as long as possible…
Want more recipes for the grill? Check out my eBook, Grilling on the Fix!
Are you doing a round of the 21 Day Fix? Don’t do it alone – let me coach you! Contact me at trueconfessionsofafitfoodie AT gmail DOT com to join my current challenge group for daily motivation, recipe ideas, and the support of over 200 women. Check out my Etsy Shop for 21 Day Fix eBooks with full grocery lists, prep tips, and easy to follow recipes!