It’s been a hot week, but I’ve been craving summer vegetable soup something fierce.
And on this rainy evening, I’m hoping my husband didn’t eat all the leftovers last night. I was out of town with the kids and made it for him so he would have dinner while we were gone.
Such a nice wife, right?
I need a wife.
I make this meal a lot in the winter, but I love using farm stand fresh summer veggies in this delicious and filling soup.
If you have a bit of yellow to spare, add in some corn, right off the cob. I wanted to make this with fresh tomatoes, but then I remembered I’m the mom of a 20 month old nap refuser. If you have the time to peel and seed tomatoes, then do it. But just don’t tell me as I’ll be totally jealous.
You can easily throw everything in the crock pot if you would like, but it cooks pretty quickly on the stove top. I had everything chopped and prepped, so it came together in no time.
A bowl of this summer vegetable chicken soup can easily give you a ?? night!
- 1 cup of diced carrots
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- 1/2 diced onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 zucchini, cut in half moons
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh string beans, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 1/2 cups of spinach
- 32 oz of organic, low sodium vegtable or chicken stock
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (or fresh)
- 1 cup water
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- Himalayan salt
- Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil flavored cooking spray
- Spray a large pot or Dutch oven with cooking spray. Sautée carrots, onions and celery over medium low heat for about ten minutes. Add garlic and cook another minute.
- Next, add chicken breasts, stock, water and diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer until chicken cooks through and is easy to shred. Remove chicken from pot.
- Add string beans and squash and salt to taste. Cook for another ten minutes or until beans become tender. Finally, add spinach. Shred the chicken once the soup has cooked.
21 Day Fix Container Count:
Use your RED container to measure chicken. Then add your veggies and broth using your GREEN. I topped my soup with 1/2 BLUE of Parmesan cheese.
Are you doing a round of the 21 Day Fix? Don’t do it alone – let me coach you!
Contact me at trueconfessionsofafitfoodie AT gmail DOT com to join my current challenge group. The group offers daily motivation, recipe ideas, and the support of over 200 women.
Check out my Etsy Shop for 21 Day Fix eBooks with full grocery lists, prep tips, and easy to follow recipes!