Crustless zucchini quiche is the perfect 21 Day Fix recipe for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or a light dinner! Fluffy eggs, 2 kinds of cheese, onion, and fresh garden zucchini are baked together in this healthy meal.
I’m getting great feedback on my First Reader Survey! Thanks so much to all who took the time to weigh in…if you haven’t had a chance, click on the pic for the link! Many thanks from me…and Ryan.
Anyway…it’s back to business and I have a great recipe for you to try.
This crustless zucchini quiche would be a delicious addition to a weekend brunch, a fabulous make-ahead Meatless Monday dinner, or a yummy lunch to pack for the work week!
This is a remake of the Italian Zucchini Pie my grandma always made. You know, the one with the Crescent Roll Crust. #heaveninapieplate
My mom actually modified the recipe after reading a similar one on the back of a container of ricotta, and she made it for us the last time she was here. Honestly, it was SO darn delicious…I didn’t miss the crust one bit…and I would never lie about food :).
The farm stands around here still have a ton of zucchini. Take advantage and pick some up today!
Here’s the crustless zucchini quiche recipe. Enjoy!
Fresh garden zucchini, onions, two types of cheese and fluffy eggs are baked up together in this delicious meatless meal.
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small container (15oz) of part skim ricotta
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon of butter flavored olive oil, regular olive oil, or ghee
- dash of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Sautée zucchini in oil or ghee until soft on low heat.
- Add onions and cook on med/low heat for an additional 10 minutes or until tender. Add seasoning and pepper to zucchini mixture.
- Beat eggs, then add in ricotta and mozzarella. Carefully fold in zucchini and onions.
- Spray a pie plate with cooking spray and fill with ingredients.
- Cook quiche until it sets - about 30 minutes.
21 Day Fix Container Count:
Makes 6 servings in my house (nobody likes a small piece) -
Each serving (1/6th of the quiche) is 1/2 RED, 1/3 GREEN, 1/2 BLUE 1/2 tsp