Coconut macaroons are gluten free, nut free, dairy free, soy free, and refined sugar free…but oh so delicious. They are 21 Day Fix approved, so go ahead and enjoy!
Confession #60 – I am writing this post to keep myself from doing any more Cyber Monday shopping.
And to keep myself from eating more of these coconut macaroons.
I’m obsessed. With both.
Shopping and cookies. What better way to spend a Monday, right?
And it’s even more fun because I have scored tons of cash back from Ebates. Have you signed up yet? If not, do it. NOW. It’s FREE money, people, without a catch. You get a $10 gift card just for signing up. I used to use it all the time, but then I got hooked on Amazon Prime, which is the best invention ever.
But now you can get cash back from Ebates for many Amazon purchases, too – today it’s up to 10% back. It’s the perfect marriage of free money plus convenience for all of us who
wait until the last minute to order stuff rely on two day shipping on everything under the sun.
Ok, so back to the cookies.
My cousin Mike, who is following a very strict Paleo AIP diet, introduced me to these cookies, which we adapted from Elana’s Pantry.
Holy mother of delicious.
He made a double batch on Thanksgiving, but we have been making them and trying out different variations almost every day since.
These coconut macaroons are SO freaking good.
I think 3 of these would equal a BLUE container, but you could also count them as a YELLOW. And have fun with them – we added a few tablespoons mini dark chocolate chips to a batch, rolled a batch in coconut flakes before baking, replaced the vanilla with lemon extract and every single one was delicious.
They are amazingly allergy friendly – nut free, dairy free, gluten free, and egg free. A cookie for ALL!
Add this to your dessert table this holiday and indulge while staying on plan.
Here’s the coconut macaroons recipe. Enjoy!
A healthier version of the classic holiday cookie, these coconut macaroons are 21 Day Fix approved!
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut, plus a bit more if you want to roll them in at the end
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/8 cup honey (the original recipe called for 1/4, but we cut it down...feel free to increase if you want)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or almond, hazelnut, lemon, orange, whatever you want to try!)
- In a food processor, combine shredded coconut and coconut flour.
- Pulse in salt, coconut oil, honey, and vanilla; Dough will form a ball.
- Scoop batter 1 level tablespoon at a time onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. **We used latex gloves and it still took us a bit to get the hang of rolling them. It's worth the fight - I promise. I felt that shaping it in one hand worked best.
- Optional - gently roll cookies in shredded coconut
- Bake at 350° for 7 minutes
- Cool in the freezer for at least a half hour or so and then enjoy!
21 Day Fix Container Count:
Makes about 12 cookies 1 serving is THREE cookies - count them as a YELLOW or a BLUE
disclaimer – this post contains affiliate links for websites that I love. 🙂