I almost waited another week to share this one…
I know, I know.
Another soup recipe.
Am I boring you? I sure hope not.
After this one, I will change it up a bit. I promise.
Until then, my fellow soup lovers – rejoice! A creamy and delicious fix approved potato soup to get you through the last of the winter weeks ahead.
This recipe is adapted from Clean Eating Magazine and I was super excited (I swear, no pun) with how it came out. I have been searching for a potato soup that is dairy free and gluten free and this one is both, but you would never know it. If you are a regular reader you know my son is on a restricted diet, but he loves soup and I hate making things I can’t share with him.
Despite the fact that this is chock full of healthy cauliflower and has a slightly greenish tint from the leeks, my son ate it right up and it was a hit with everyone else, too. My husband and I topped ours with shredded cheddar, turkey bacon, and scallions.
Oh my word.
You could even add some cheese right to into the pot itself if you wanted and melt it into the soup. Just be sure to calculate it for the fix.
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced leeks
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups of Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 1/2 cups chopped cauliflower florets
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper, plus additional to taste
- all-natural, nitrite-free turkey bacon cooked and diced
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- In a large saucepan, heat oil on medium-low. Add leeks and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Add potato, cauliflower, broth, and pepper and increase heat to bring to a boil; reduce heat to low, cover and simmer about 20 minutes or until potatoes and cauliflower are very tender.
- Remove from heat. With an immersion blender, purée soup until smooth. (Alternatively, you can use a regular blender and puree in batches...just be really careful).
- Place saucepan on low and season with additional salt and pepper, if desired, or add water to thin, if necessary.
- Ladle soup into serving bowls and top with 1/2 blue of cheese, 2 slices of crumbled turkey bacon and scallions.
21 Day Fix Container Count -
1 GREEN, 1 YELLOW, 1/2 RED (bacon), 1/2 BLUE (cheese)
**Note - this should make 6 cups. If it feels like less, just use some water or broth to thin it out. It thickens up quite a bit.