Customizable is the name of the game with this 21 Day Fix recipe for baked oatmeal cups. Create them ahead of time with whatever toppings your family loves and give yourself a break in the morning!
This is my first post on my new phone. After my toddler threw my old phone in the bathtub for the fifth time, it finally gave up. The poor thing just had enough abuse.
So I ended up going with the 6+. Trying to give it some time, but it definitely feels enormous and awkward. I thought it would make blogging easier…still not sure about that.
Anyway, I’m so happy for the cloud, as I still had pics of recipes from before that fatal plunge that I never shared.
Like these customizable baked oatmeal cups!
For those who like my Ezekiel bread French Toast Cups, you must give this recipe a try! Add them to your food prep list so you can enjoy them this week.
The best part? They are totally customizable for the whole family; top with everyone’s favs and you are good to go.
My favorite topping is fresh peaches! My daughter was all about the chocolate chips, and my husband and one year old loved all four. In fact, these didn’t last more than a day and a half in my house.
So much for prepping!
Be sure you spray your pan really well or grease with coconut oil, as these can be a little tricky to get out of the pan if you don’t…I actually started using a silicone pan like this one (affiliate link) which is a total game changer. It’s perfect for egg cups, too!
Here’s the quick, easy and customizable recipe for the baked oatmeal cups. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from The Beachbody Blog
- coconut oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large bananas, mashed OR 2 cups unsweetened applesauce. (I used 1 of each)
- 1 T raw honey
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 T ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- toppings of your choice: berries, fruit, nuts, pure maple syrup, chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat muffin tin with coconut oil.
- Combine eggs, vanilla, bananas and honey in a large bowl. Mash bananas and mix well. Set aside.
- Add oats, cinnamon and baking powder in a small bowl, then stir well and combine with banana mixture
- Stir in almond milk and mix well.
- Divide oatmeal evenly between prepared muffin cups and add toppings of your choice!
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brown.
- Cool slightly and serve immediately, or save for the week ahead!
21 Day Fix Container Count:
Makes 12 muffins
According to The Beachbody Blog, each muffin is 1/2 Yellow and 1/2 Purple. If you add chips or nuts, be sure you factor that in.
Are you doing a round of the 21 Day Fix? Don’t do it alone – let me coach you! Contact me at trueconfessionsofafitfoodie AT gmail DOT com to join my current challenge group. The group offers daily motivation, recipe ideas, and the support of over 200 women. Check out my Etsy Shop for 21 Day Fix eBooks with full grocery lists, prep tips, and easy to follow recipes!
This post contains affiliate links for products I’m obsessed with!