Zucchini crab soup is so delicious, I can’t even say the name without craving it. It’s delicious hot or chilled, and it is a great way to use up the bounty of zucchini in your garden.
Confession # 46- I have a total woman crush on Gina Homolka of Skinnytaste.com.
You’ve heard of Skinnytaste, right? If not, you need to check it out.
And, bye, because once you see Gina’s site, you’ll probably never come back here.
She’s just so awesome. I want to be her when my blog grows up.
My recipe today, zucchini crab soup, is adapted from one of Gina’s amazing recipes. This soup is a great way to make use of that giant zucchini in your garden. I’ve been making this soup for years, and recently adapted it for The Fix. Oh,and I always add crab to make it even more special. But it’s equally as delicious without it, so try it whether you like crab or not!
I hope you’ll try this zucchini crab soup recipe. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Skinnytaste
- 1/2 small onion, quartered
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 medium zucchini, skin on and cut in large chunks
- 32 oz reduced sodium organic chicken broth (veggie is great, too!)
- 2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- Himalayan salt and black pepper to taste
- fresh grated Parmesan cheese (measure in a blue container)
- fresh herbs
- Jumbo lump crab
- olive oil (I used Tuscan oil from The Bodacious Olive )
- Combine chicken broth, onion, garlic, and zucchini in a large pot over medium heat and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and purée with an immersion blender, or in batches in a regular blender. Add the yogurt, and herbs (if using) and purée again until smooth.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and adjust to taste.
- Eat it plain, or squeeze in some lemon and add crab, Parmesan cheese, and drizzle with a delicious olive oil.
21 Day Fix Container Count:
My bowl - 2 GREENS (soup) 1/2 RED (crab) 1/2 tsp (olive oil) 1/3 BLUE (Parmesan cheese) herbs and lemon (FREE)
I love this soup hot, but it’s also great chilled. Awesome, right?
Are you doing a round of the 21 Day Fix? Don’t do it alone – let me coach you!Contact me at trueconfessionsofafitfoodie AT gmail DOT com to join my current challenge group. The group offers daily motivation, recipe ideas, and the support of over 200 women. Check out my Etsy Shop for 21 Day Fix eBooks with full grocery lists, prep tips, and easy to follow recipes!