Cheesy zucchini Mexican skillet is a quick and easy, 21 Day Fix-approved comfort food dinner recipe. Because even healthy eaters deserve cheese with their zucchini. 😉
I’m all for meal planning.
But sometimes the most delicious meals come out of not having a plan.
And people think the 21 Day Fix is a diet. Ha!
Anyway, this easy, cheesy zucchini one skillet meal comes together in no time and it’s about as family friendly as they come.
Dice your zucchini small, or shred it if your kids won’t eat it. It should be easy to hide with all the other yummy flavors! My kids are used it it now, since I’m kind of obsessed and eat some kind of squash every day in the summer months. #zucchiniaddiction
I hope you like this Mexican cheesy zucchini skillet recipe!
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 1/2 pounds of extra lean, grass-fed ground sirloin
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 diced bell pepper
- 2 cups of sliced zucchini
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray a pan with olive oil cooking spray. Saute onions and pepper for 2-3 minutes.
- Add ground beef and brown until cooked through.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook together for 10-15 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender.
- Portion into 4 bowls and top with a small amount of shredded cheddar cheese (use your blue to measure!) This would also be great topped with avocado!
21 Day Fix Container Count:
4 servings: 1 serving = 1 GREEN, 1 RED, BLUE (to taste- I used 1/2)
Are you doing a round of the 21 Day Fix? Don’t do it alone – let me coach you! Contact me at trueconfessionsofafitfoodie AT gmail DOT com to join my current challenge group. The group offers daily motivation, recipe ideas, and the support of over 200 women. Check out my Etsy Shop for 21 Day Fix eBooks with full grocery lists, prep tips, and easy to follow recipes!