Make this 21 Day Fix Cauliflower Cheeseburger “Mac” in the oven or in your Instant Pot…but make it now! It’s one of my favorite FIX approved meals!
- 1 lb lean grass fed ground beef
- head of cauliflower (4 cups of florets)
- 4 tsp of rice flour (or flour of your choice)
- 4 tsp vegan butter or ghee
- 1 cup of unsweetened original almond milk
- 1 1/3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (use Daiya for dairy free!)
- Himalayan salt
- Stove Top/Oven: Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray and preheat your oven to 350. In a large skillet, cook ground beef until fully cooked. Drain any excess fat and place meat into the casserole dish. Wipe out your skillet. While you are cooking the beef, cut cauliflower into florets and steam 4 cups worth for about 6-8 minutes, or until tender on the outside but still crisp in the middle. In your skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Sprinkle in the flour and whisk together. Slowly whisk in the almond milk, and continue to whisk until the mixture comes to a boil and begins to thicken. Once thickened, remove sauce from heat and stir in 1 cup of cheddar cheese until fully melted, adding salt to taste. Combine beef, cauliflower, and cheese sauce in the casserole dish and mix well. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown. Enjoy!
- Instant Pot: Place head of cauliflower on trivet and add in one cup of water to the IP. Set to steam for ZERO minutes. Quick release after pot comes to pressure and carefully remove cauliflower. Cut into little florets and set aside. Drain water from IP and dry completely. Set to saute and add in ground beef. Brown until cooked through. Remove meat and set aside with the cauliflower florets. Wipe out IP and add in butter. Melt butter and whisk in the flour. Slowly whisk in the almond milk, and continue to whisk until the mixture comes to a boil and begins to thicken. Once thickened, remove steal pot from IP base (essentially removing the heat) and stir in 1 cup of cheddar cheese until fully melted, adding salt to taste. Combine beef, cauliflower, and cheese sauce together and mix well. Top with remaining cheese and place back in the IP on warm. Place cover back on pot until the cheese topping melts and starts to bubble. If necessary, place back on saute for this to happen. Enjoy!
makes 4 servings, 1 RED, 1 GREEN, 1 BLUE, 1 tsp each
- Serving Size: 1/4 of casserole dish
Keywords: stove top, instant pot, dinner, mac and cheese, cheeseburger, beef, cauliflower, gluten-free, low-carb, grain-free