Looking for a 21 Day Fix Lasagna? This lazy, one skillet zucchini lasagna is easy, amazingly delicious, low carb, and 21 day fix approved!
- olive oil cooking spray (I used my EVO)
- 1 lb lean organic Italian poultry sausage, removed from casing
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cups of zucchini, sliced into thin half moons
- 2 cups of spinach, chopped
- 1 cup of homemade tomato sauce (or no sugar added jar sauce)
- 1 1/4 cup of ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 T of Parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- fresh ground pepper
- fresh basil
- Spray an oven safe pan with olive oil spray and cook turkey sausage through.
- Add garlic to pan and saute for a minute, then add a zucchini and spinach. Spray with additional olive oil spray and cook until zucchini is crisp tender. Add in basil and stir. Remove from heat.
- Flatten veggies and meat down a bit with your spatula, and then cover mixture with tomato sauce.
- Mix one egg, and T of Parmesan cheese into ricotta and sprinkle with fresh ground pepper. Layer ricotta mixture on top sauce.
- Finally, top with mozzarella cheese.
- Place in your broiler on low for 5-10 minutes or until cheese gets nice and toasty brown. Keep an eye on it, as it happens fast!
- Remove from oven and let sit for a few minutes. Just before serving, make a small cut into the lasagna and very carefully drain out the excess water from the pan. While this step is optional, because zucchini releases so much water, I think it’s worth it! Just use those oven mitts and be careful!!
- Top with extra Parmesan cheese and sauce, if desired.
Makes 4 servings. Each 1/4 of skillet is 2 GREEN, 1 1/2 RED, 3/4 BLUE (a whole if you top with extra Parmesan)
Weight Watchers Freestyle Points Per Serving: 10
- Serving Size: 1/4 of skillet
Keywords: lasagna, italian, low carb, gluten-free, grain-free, dinner