How freaking delicious does this look?
I mean, really? I ate this for lunch a few weeks ago.
It was like some kind of alternate universe where I was out to lunch at a cool cafe, instead of home in my messy kitchen.
And I don’t know why I don’t make it more often. It doesn’t take much longer than a salad to prep. I do like this with the squash warm, but I bet it would be yummy cold, too.
Oh – and it’s SO. MUCH. FOOD. Especially if you eat the whole half of the squash, which of course I did.
You’ll actually get three greens out of this if you eat a full half. Look at you – eating your veggies like a boss!
I got the idea for these Greek Spaghetti Squash Bowls from a dear friend, who messaged me to ask for a homemade Tzatziki Dressing. She has a restaurant near her down in Tampa that makes all different kinds of “bowls” like this one. Such an awesome idea, especially for meal prepping! Just prep a bunch of veggies, some protein, and even some potatoes, quinoa or rice. Then have fun making meals!
The possibilities. I could literally lose sleep over the possibilities.
Anyway, if you give these Greek Spaghetti Squash Bowls a try, let me know what you think!
Yields: 2-4 servings
Serving Size: 1/4 or 1/2 of squash
- 1 medium spaghetti squash, cooked and sliced in half (I like it warm)
- 1 cup of chopped baby spinach
- 1/2 cup of diced cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of diced cucumber
- 2 T of diced red onions
- 20 black olives, chopped
- 1 1/3 cups of diced grilled chicken
- 2/3 cup of feta cheese
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cucumber, seeded, finely grated and drained
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Himalyan salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- To make the dressing, whisk together all the ingredients. For a thinner dressing, blend ingredients together. I do prefer the dressing thicker for this recipe.
- Remove seeds from squash and make "spaghetti" with your fork. Sprinkle both halves with salt and pepper.
- Stir spinach leaves into the spaghetti, then top each half with equal amounts of tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, olives, and grilled chicken. Top with feta and 2 T of the dressing on each side.
- Scoop a 1/4 of the squash into a bowl, or enjoy a full half! See container counts below for each option.
21 Day Fix Container Count:
1/4 of squash - 1 1/2 GREEN, 1/2 RED, 1/2 BLUE, 1/2 ORANGE 1/2 of squash - 3 GREEN, 1 RED, 1 BLUE, 1 ORANGE