Baked Buffalo shrimp is a delicious seafood meal that’s easy to make and is 21 Day Fix approved, too! Fresh shrimp is given a spicy sauce bath before it’s baked in the oven. Topped with a bit of cheese, it can be served as an appetizer or a main course dinner.
- 1 1/2 pounds jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup hot sauce (you can add more if it doesn’t seem like enough)
- 1 teaspoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest, from 1 large lemon
- lemon slices
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed and coarsely chopped
- Sprinkle of Himalayan salt
- Fresh parsley
optional – 1/3 cup of shredded cheese (cheddar or mozzarella)
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons of plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon of water
For the shrimp
- In a casserole dish, line the bottom with a few sliced lemons. Then toss the shrimp with the hot sauce and the olive oil, lemon zest and garlic and lay mixture over the lemon slices. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 450
- Remove plastic wrap and top with cheese, if you are using it.
- Bake for ten minutes, or until cooked through.
- Top with fresh parsley.
For the sauce
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the olive oil and shallots and saute for about two minutes. Add the cumin and smoked paprika and continue to cook, stirring, for one minute more. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Mix the goat cheese and yogurt together, adding a tablespoon of water while you stir. It is thick, but you can add additional water if you want it thinner.
- Add the shallot mixture and fresh herbs to the sauce and mix well.
- Place the sauce in the fridge until ready to serve. I liked it better once it was cooled.
Since this could be an appetizer or a meal, use your RED container to measure the shrimp —- If you use the cheese, factor in BLUE…1/3 blue for each 1 RED) — Use BLUE container to measure the sauce.
Keywords: main dish, seafood, shrimp, buffalo sauce, hot sauce, gluten-free, dinner, lunch, appetizer