Baked lemon garlic chicken is a quick, easy, and healthy dinner. The secret to the juiciness and flavor of this delicious baked chicken recipe is in the marinade.
- 1 1/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or other lean protein)
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (about ½ lemon)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoons fresh thyme (or 1/4 teaspoon dried)
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup (or honey)
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes (or more if you like it spicy)
- ¾ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, add all the ingredients except the chicken and stir together. Place chicken thighs into a Ziplock bag, pour the marinade over and mix around until all the chicken is coated. Seal the bag and marinate for a few minutes (or up to a day, in the fridge).
- Pour the chicken and the marinade into an oven safe dish and arrange so chicken is in a single layer. Bake for 25-35 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- If you want a darker top, broil on high for a minute before removing from oven. I did this – yum!
- Let the chicken rest, covered with foil, for 10 minutes or so. Serve with the pan juices and some lemon slices.
21 Day Fix Containers: 1 RED, 2 tsp
Weight Watchers Freestyle Points: 3 per serving
- Serving Size: 1 RED of chicken
Keywords: chicken, lemon, dinner, oven, low-carb, gluten-free, garlic