So dreamy delicious, this Gluten free Banana Bread is also dairy free, refined sugar free, and oil free. This Healthy Banana Bread is 21 Day Fix Approved too…but rivals even the best unhealthy banana breads of my past.
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 rounded cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium or 2 large bananas – and get them super ripe and sweet)
- ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ¾ cups gluten-free all purpose flour (or sub whole wheat pastry flour or regular whole wheat flour)
- optional mix-ins: 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips (I used mini chips),
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and line a 9×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper or grease well with coconut oil or coconut oil spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the applesauce and honey together together. Add the eggs and beat well, then whisk in the mashed bananas and almond milk.
- Add the baking soda, vanilla, salt and cinnamon, and whisk to blend. Then fold in the flour, mixing just until the batter is combined.
- If you’re adding any additional mix-ins, gently fold them in now.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan and bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes before slicing.
Makes 8 slices
1 slice of bread with chocolate chips as a mix in = 1 yellow treat swap, 1/2 purple
1 slice of bread with walnuts = 1 yellow, 1/2 purple, 1/2 blue, 2 SWEETENER tsps
1 slice of bread with raisins = 1 yellow, 2/3 purple, 2 SWEETENER tsps
1 slice of bread with no mix ins = 1 yellow, 1/2 purple, 2 SWEETENER tsps
- Serving Size: 1 slice