So dreamy delicious, this 21 Day Fix Banana Bread is dairy, gluten, refined sugar, and oil free…but rivals even the best unhealthy banana breads of my past.
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 rounded cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium or 2 large bananas – and get them super ripe and sweet)
- ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ¾ cups gluten-free all purpose flour (or sub whole wheat pastry flour or regular whole wheat flour)
- optional mix-ins: 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips (I used mini chips),
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and line a 9×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper or grease well with coconut oil or coconut oil spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the applesauce and honey together together. Add the eggs and beat well, then whisk in the mashed bananas and almond milk.
- Add the baking soda, vanilla, salt and cinnamon, and whisk to blend. Then fold in the flour, mixing just until the batter is combined.
- If you’re adding any additional mix-ins, gently fold them in now.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan and bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes before slicing.
Makes 8 slices
1 slice of bread with chocolate chips as a mix in = 1 yellow treat swap, 1/2 purple
1 slice of bread with walnuts = 1 yellow, 1/2 purple, 1/2 blue, 2 SWEETENER tsps
1 slice of bread with raisins = 1 yellow, 2/3 purple, 2 SWEETENER tsps
1 slice of bread with no mix ins = 1 yellow, 1/2 purple, 2 SWEETENER tsps
- Serving Size: 1 slice