These 21 Day Fix Banana Ice Cream Bon Bons are a healthy indulgence that your whole family will love all summer long! And the best part? No treat swap necessary!
Banana Ice Cream:
- 4 ripe bananas
- splash of vanilla almond milk (as needed)
Homemade Magic Shell
- 1/2 cup of pure cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Slice bananas and freeze flat into ziplock bags.
- Once bananas are frozen solid, remove from freezer and place in food processor. Blend until smooth, adding in a splash of almond milk if necessary. You may need to stop and scrape the sides occasionally. This process usually takes 3-5 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Once ice cream has formed, use a melon baller or tablespoon to scoop out bonbons, freezing ice cream mixture for a few minutes to solidify, if necessary. This should make 24 bon bons. Alternatively, you could use mini silicon molds.
- Freeze bonbons while you make the homemade magic shell.
- To make the magic shell, heat coconut oil over medium low heat. Whisk in cocoa powder, honey, salt, and vanilla extract. Remove from heat and continue to whisk until smooth.
- Remove bonbons from freezer and dip into magic shell or spoon chocolate onto each bonbon. The chocolate mixture will freeze on contact, but you can place finished bonbons in the freezer before serving.
1 bonbon = 1/3 purple, 1 tsp, 1.5 sweetener tsp…2 bonbons = 2/3 purple, 1 tsp, 3 sweetener tsp…3 bonbons = 1 purple, 1 yellow treat swap
- Serving Size: 1-3 Bon Bons