- 4 tsp olive oil
- 3–4 pound pork shoulder or roast, fat trimmed or sub 2 -3 pound pork tenderloin
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 sliced onion (optional)
- sea or Himalayan salt
- garlic powder
- 1 cup chicken or veggie stock
For the BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup of coconut aminos
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- sprinkle of sea or Himalayan salt and black pepper
- Cut your pork into smaller sections to make cook time faster. Make slits into pork slices and stuff with minced garlic. Sprinkle spices over both sides of the meat and set your IP to saute.
- Add olive oil to the bottom of your pot. When heated, add pieces of the pork, browning on both sides. Do this in small batches so you don’t overcrowd your pot.
- Once you are finished, add the pork back into the pot and add onions if using. Pour stock over top. Set to manual for 60 minutes. When cook time is up, switch to natural release.
- Drain and shred pork and mix in BBQ sauce. Adjust seasonings as desired.
- Make slits into pork roast and stuff with minced garlic. Rub olive oil over meat and season well with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. **If you have time, sear each side of the pork in a large pot. If you don’t have time, it’s totally fine to skip this step.
- Place roast in crock with onions, if using, and stock. Cook for 8 hours on low. Drain and shred pork and mix in BBQ sauce. Adjust seasonings as desired.
- Combine all ingredients into a small saucepan and simmer over low heat until desired thickness. Adjust seasonings as desired.
Makes 6-8 servings
21 Day Fix: 1 RED, 1/4 TSP, 1 sweetener tsp (per serving)
WW: Green, Blue, Purple – 8 points (per serving) [Calculated using 6 servings and 3lb tenderloin]
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup of pork
Keywords: pork, instant pot, pulled pork, BBQ, instant pot, crock pot, gluten-free, dairy-free, dinner, lunch