Blue cheese burgers are a great meal for indoor or outdoor grilling. Extra lean sirloin and salty blue cheese make this a delicious, 21 Day Fix recipe!
- 1 1/2 lb extra lean ground sirloin
- 1/3 cup of blue cheese crumbles
- Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- Preheat grill
- Gently combine the blue cheese crumbles with the meat, but do not over mix! That will toughen your burger.
- Form burgers – this should make 4 very easily. Again, do not over handle the meat! They do not need to have a perfect shape at all.
- With your thumb, make a deep depression on one side of the burger.
- Brush olive oil on both sides of the burgers and season with Himalayan salt.
- Grill burgers on high for 3-5 minutes per side, depending on how done you would like them to be! We usually do 4 mins on each side.
Enjoy on a bun, wrap, or lettuce wrap! I went the lettuce route because I was saving my yellows for corn on the cob and sweet potato fries! I also topped mine with sautéed mushrooms for some extra green.
21 Day Fix: 1 RED 1/4 BLUE (so add more cheese on top if you want!) per burger
WW Freestyle: 5 points per burger (calculated with 96% sirloin and reduced fat blue cheese)
Keywords: burger, beef, cheese, bleu cheese, grill, grill recipes, grilled foods, gluten-free, grain-free, high protein, dinner, lunch