Made with almond flour and oat flour, these gluten free & dairy free Blueberry Muffins would be perfect for a brunch or make ahead breakfasts for the week! They are even picky kid approved! Adapted from Ambitious Kitchen
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons oat flour
- 1 cup packed almond meal (I love Trader Joe’s!)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (or fresh lemon juice)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 9 muffin cups with liners and spray the inside of the liners with nonstick cooking spray (this is important so that they do not stick!).
- In a large bowl, whisk together oat flour, almond meal, salt and baking soda.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together egg, maple syrup, vanilla, almond milk, coconut oil, and apple cider vinegar until smooth and well combined. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Gently fold blueberries into muffin batter, then divide evenly into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted come out clean. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes then remove muffins from pan and place on wire rack to cool completely.
1 muffin is 1/2 yellow and 1/3 blue (so have two!). I personally don’t count the purple as it’s only 1/9 of a a cup!
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
Keywords: baked good, muffins, snack, breakfast, dessert, blueberries, whole grain, gluten-free