Chocolate pumpkin cups are a clean, delicious treat. Inspired by the Shakeology Peanut Butter cups, these treats blend together my two favorite fall flavors – pumpkin and chocolate!
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of chocolate Shakeology or 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 4 tsp of maple syrup (if using the cocoa powder)
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin purée
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (my bf pb will be too strong of a flavor, in my opinion)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- Spray a mini muffin tin with coconut oil spray or line with muffin liners
- Place 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds or until it’s melted.
- Stir in 4 tablespoons of chocolate Shakeology or cocoa powder and mix well. If using the cocoa powder, add in 2 tsp of maple syrup. Divide the chocolate mixture evenly between approximately 5-6 spots in a muffin tin. Place in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pumpkin layer. Combine all ingredients for pumpkin layer in a small bowl. Mix until well combined. Layer over the chocolate and freeze for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in the microwave, then stir in the remaining 4 tablespoons of chocolate Shakeology or cocoa powder and maple syrup.
- Pour over top of pumpkin layer and return pan to freezer for 5 minutes.
- Enjoy straight from the freezer or store in the fridge!
Two chocolate pumpkin cups is a YELLOW treat
1/4 RED if you use Shakeology.
Keywords: dessert, chocolate, pumpkin, treat, sweets, nut butter, coconut oil