These healthy 21 Day Fix Cinnamon Bun French Toast Casserole Cups capture the flavors of cinnamon buns without the extra fat, sugar, and calories. The result is a light and delicious breakfast treat that is perfectly portioned, too!
- 6 eggs
- 6 pieces of whole grain, gluten-free bread, cubed (or bread of your choice) *If your bread is on the smaller side, increase to 8 slices
- 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- vanilla extract
- maple syrup
- full fat coconut milk refrigerated overnight (canned or I love So Delicious Culinary Coconut Milk)
- Cooking spray or coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 350, or skip this step if you are assembling this the night before.
- Beat eggs and add almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon and 1 1/2 T of maple syrup. Mix well.
- Spray a cupcake tin well with cooking spray, or grease with coconut oil.
- Evenly distribute cubes of bread into tins, then pour egg mixture evenly into each of the “muffins” making sure all of the bread gets covered. Squish it around if necessary (don’t you love my fancy cooking terms?).
- Cook muffins on 350 for 25-30 mins.
- While muffins are cooking, open can of coconut milk upside down and scoop 3 T of the coconut cream (the solid coconut milk at the top of the can). Add 2 T of maple syrup and 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract and mix. Store in the fridge until ready to use.
- Once french toast cups are finished cooking, remove from oven and top with sweet coconut cream. Enjoy warm!
1/2 Yellow, 1/4 Red (be sure to double if you eat 2!)
- Serving Size: 1-2 french toast cups
Keywords: breakfast, french toast, whole grain, dairy-free, gluten-free