This 21 Day Fix Pumpkin Pie isn’t just a healthy holiday dessert, it is also a delicious holiday dessert! It’s also gluten, dairy, and refined sugar free, but you would never know – it’s THAT good!
FOR THE CRUST (updated recipe):
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 T cold butter or vegan butter (I used Earth’s Balance) or 2T melted coconut oil or butter flavored coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1–2 T pure maple syrup (I think it’s fine with 1, but you can add a second for more sweetness)
FOR THE FILLING:
- 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1/3 C. honey
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 C. canned coconut milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
FOR THE WHIPPED TOPPING:
- 1 can of chilled coconut milk
- pinch of powdered stevia, or a tsp of coconut sugar or raw sugar (or more to taste)
FOR THE CRUST:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease the bottom of 9″ pie plate
- Place ingredients into a bowl and stir to form crumbles or use a stand mixer (I love my KitchenAid)
- Transfer dough to the prepared pie plate and press down with your hands or a spoon.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, then press crust down with a spoon.
FOR THE FILLING:
- Add the pumpkin puree, honey, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, vanilla, coconut milk, and eggs to a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk together until smooth. Pour into the pre-baked pie crust. **Cover edges of pie crust with foil to prevent browning. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes, or until the top is slightly puffed and firmly set.
- Remove and let cool completely. Refrigerate.
FOR THE TOPPING:
- Remove chilled coconut milk from the fridge and gently turn the can upside down, but be sure not to shake it. Open the can and remove all of the clear coconut water. (Save this for your Shakeology.)
- Put the thick cream in your mixer bowl and stevia. Whip until you have soft, fluffy peaks. Taste and adjust sweetener as needed.
Count as 1 YELLOW treat swap
Keywords: pumpkin, pumpkin pie, fall, seasonal, dessert, pie, gluten-free, grain-free