A healthier version of the classic holiday cookie, these coconut macaroons are 21 Day Fix approved!
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut, plus a bit more if you want to roll them in at the end
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/8 cup honey (the original recipe called for 1/4, but we cut it down…feel free to increase if you want)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or almond, hazelnut, lemon, orange, whatever you want to try!)
- In a food processor, combine shredded coconut and coconut flour.
- Pulse in salt, coconut oil, honey, and vanilla; Dough will form a ball.
- Scoop batter 1 level tablespoon at a time onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. **We used latex gloves and it still took us a bit to get the hang of rolling them. It’s worth the fight – I promise. I felt that shaping it in one hand worked best.
- Optional – gently roll cookies in shredded coconut
- Bake at 350° for 7 minutes
- Cool in the freezer for at least a half hour or so and then enjoy!
Makes about 12 cookies
1 cookie = 1 orange container
4 cookies = 1 YELLOW treat
Keywords: dessert, coconut, macaroons, cookies, treats, gluten-free, dairy-free