This 21 Day Fix Loaded Potato and Cauliflower Soup is a low carb version of my favorite – but nobody in my house can tell! Perfect for a cold day and made even easier in the Instant Pot.
- 1 tsp olive oil and 1 tsp butter (or 2 tsp of oil)
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced leeks (I used more white than green to keep the soup white)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups of Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 1/2 cups chopped cauliflower florets
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper, plus additional to taste
- 12 slices (or 1 package) of all-natural, nitrite-free turkey bacon cooked and diced
- shredded cheddar cheese (omit for dairy free)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- optional – 1/3 cup of coconut milk
- In a large saucepan, heat oil on medium-low. Add leeks and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Add potato, cauliflower, broth, and pepper and increase heat to bring to a boil; reduce heat to low, cover and simmer about 20 minutes or until potatoes and cauliflower are very tender. Remove from heat. With an immersion blender, purée soup until smooth.(Alternatively, you can use a regular blender and puree in batches…just be really careful). Add coconut milk if desired. Place saucepan on low and season with additional salt and pepper, if desired, or add water to thin, if necessary. Ladle soup into serving bowls and top with 1/2 blue of cheese, 2 slices of crumbled turkey bacon and scallions.
- Instant Pot directions: Set IP to saute and spray with cooking oil spray. Brown diced bacon, then remove from pot. Add in olive oil and butter, then saute the leeks and garlic. Add in cauliflower, potatoes, salt and stock. Set for 10 minutes. After cook time is over, do a quick release. Use an immersion blender to puree soup. Add in coconut milk, if desired, then top with cheese, bacon, and whatever herbs you want!
21 Day Fix: 1 GREEN, 1 YELLOW, 1/2 RED (bacon), 1/2 BLUE (cheese)
WW Blue Plan: 8 points per serving (using reduced fat cheddar and omitting coconut milk)
**Note – this should make 6 cups. If it feels like less, just use some water or broth to thin it out. It thickens up quite a bit.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
Keywords: soup, lunch, turkey, bacon, potatoes, stove top, instant pot