This 21 Day Fix Quinoa Taco Casserole uses tons of veggies, quinoa, and ground turkey to make a simple and delicious meal. Use either the Crock Pot or Instant Pot, for the perfect lunch or weeknight dinner!
- 1 lb organic ground turkey or chicken (be sure cook through for crock pot version)
- 2 cups of bell peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup of black beans
- 1/2 cup of corn
- 1/2 of a red onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can of tomatoes and green chilies
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1–2 T 21 Day Fix Salt Free Taco Seasoning (you can add more to taste at the end)
- organic chicken broth (1 cup for crock pot; 1/2 cup for Instant Pot)
- 2/3 cup of shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican blend
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- fresh lime
- optional lettuce wraps or corn tortillas
- Crock Pot: Place all the ingredients in the crock pot and cook on high 3 1/2 hours or on low for 6-8 hours. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding a sprinkle of salt and pepper, if desired. For the last half hour, add cheese and allow to melt. Serve alone, or as a taco filling. I used lettuce wraps for extra green and topped with a squeeze of fresh lime and a bit more shredded cheese. Yum!
- Instant Pot: Turn Instant Pot to saute and brown ground turkey. Once it’s cooked through, add in veggies and saute for an additional minute. Stir in quinoa, beans, tomatoes, broth and seasoning. Set to manual for 4 minutes, then let steam release naturally. Once you can safely open the pot, top with cheese and place the cover back on to melt it. Serve alone, or as a taco filling. I used lettuce wraps for extra green and topped with a squeeze of fresh lime and a bit more shredded cheese. Yum!
Makes 4 servings
21 Day Fix: 3/4 GREEN (I used lettuce wraps for a perfect 1 GREEN), 1 YELLOW, 1 RED, 1/2 BLUE per serving
WW Freestyle: 2 points per serving
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
Keywords: casserole, tacos, turkey, ground turkey, dinner, mexican, instant pot, slow cooker, mexican