Crustless zucchini quiche is the perfect 21 Day Fix recipe for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or a light dinner! Fluffy eggs, 2 kinds of cheese, onion, and fresh garden zucchini are baked together in this healthy meal.
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small container (15oz) of part skim ricotta
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon of butter flavored olive oil, regular olive oil, butter, or ghee
- dash of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- olive oil cooking spray
- Set Instant Pot to Sauté. When your pot is hot, add oil, butter or ghee and cook zucchini until it begins to soften.
- Add onions and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in seasoning and pepper to zucchini mixture. Turn Instant Pot off.
- In an Instant Pot safe casserole dish (affiliate link), beat eggs, then add in ricotta and mozzarella. Carefully fold in the zucchini and onions mixture.
- Rinse Instant Pot, then add in 1 cup of water and the Instant Pot trivet to the bottom of your pot. Carefully place the casserole dish on the trivet, or better yet, on a silicone sling (affiliate link) so you can lift it after cooktime.
- Lock lid and cook quiche for 30 minutes, then do a ten minute natural release, followed by a quick release.
- If desired, broil casserole on low to get a nice, crispy top before serving!
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Sautée zucchini in oil, butter or ghee until soft on low heat.
- Add onions and cook for an additional 10 minutes or until tender. Add seasoning and pepper to zucchini mixture.
- Beat eggs, then add in ricotta and mozzarella. Carefully fold in zucchini and onions.
- Spray a pie plate with cooking spray and fill with ingredients.
- Cook quiche until it sets – about 30 minutes, broiling for a few minutes at the end, if desired.
Makes 6 servings
21 Day Fix: 1/2 RED, 1/2 GREEN, 1/2 BLUE 1/2 tsp (per serving)
WW: Green – 6 points, Blue – 5 points, Purple – 5 points (per serving) [Calculated using part skim ricotta, reduced fat mozzarella, and olive oil]
Keywords: breakfast, eggs, quiche, vegetarian, cheese, vegetables, gluten-free, low-carb, high protein