Deconstructed fish tacos are the healthy, 21 Day Fix way to enjoy your Taco Tuesday. This salad has all of the Mexican flavors you love in tacos, without the excessive fat and calories. Top this delicious salad off with a drizzle of homemade avocado cilantro dressing!
- 12 oz fish or shrimp
- salt-free taco seasoning
- fresh cilantro
- 3 limes
- 1 cup diced mango
- 1 avocado, 1/2 of it diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 Tablespoon diced jalapeno
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 clove garlic
- Salad greens, chopped
- Cabbage, shredded
- Marinade the fish in taco seasoning, juice from 1 lime, and a small bunch of cilantro. Let sit for 20 minutes.
- Combine the mango through the diced red onion from the list of ingredients to make the salsa, using the 1/2 diced avocado. Add juice from one lime and a tablespoon of chopped cilantro.
- Grill fish until flaky and white.
- While the fish is cooking, make the Avocado Cilantro dressing. Simply place 1 cup of cilantro leaves and stems, the remaining half of avocado, the Greek yogurt, water, garlic and squeeze of lime. Pulse and you are DONE! Go check on your fish.
- Plate your salad with greens and cabbage, fish, mango salsa, and top with a Tablespoon of the delicious dressing.
Salad, as pictured:
1 GREEN 1/2 PURPLE 1 BLUE 1 RED
Keywords: dinner, lunch, tacos, fish, seafood, pescatarian, gluten-free, fruit, low-cal, low-fat