Easy Caprese chicken is a flavorful and healthy 21 Day Fix approved dinner. This recipe is quick and easy to make, making it the perfect go-to weeknight meal.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to uniform thickness
- 1/2 cup good-quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- sliced fresh mozzarella, measured out in blue container
- fresh basil
- optional – liquid stevia
- Heat balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10-15 minutes until reduced by half. If you want, you can add a couple drops of liquid stevia. Remove and set glaze aside.
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper. Grill 3-5 minutes on the first side, depending on the thickness of the chicken.
- Flip chicken and top with tomatoes and mozzarella. Grill another 3-5 minutes until chicken is fully cooked and mozzarella melts. Remove from heat.
- Plate the chicken and top with basil and the balsamic glaze.
- Admire your skills and take a pic! That’s one fancy looking dinner!
2 servings –
21 Day Fix: 1/2 GREEN, 1/2 BLUE, 1 RED per serving
WW Freestyle: 5 points per serving (calculated with part skim cheese)
Keywords: caprese, italian, chicken, dinner, high protein, gluten-free, grain-free, tomatoes, balsamic, basil, low-carb