This Cheesy Zucchini Taco Skillet is a quick and easy, 21 Day Fix-approved comfort food dinner recipe. Because even healthy eaters deserve cheese with their zucchini. 😉
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 1/2 pounds of extra lean, grass-fed ground sirloin
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 diced bell pepper
- 2 cups of sliced zucchini
- 1 tsp chili powder or salt free taco seasoning
- 1 (14.5 oz) can of diced tomatoes or (10oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1/4 cup water
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- taco toppings – avocado, cilantro, extra cheese, anything goes!
- Spray a pan with olive oil cooking spray. Over medium low heat, saute onions and pepper for 2-3 minutes.
- Add ground beef and brown until cooked through.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook together for 10-15 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender. Stir in 2/3 cup of cheese and remove from heat (or omit this step for dairy free or if you are over your blue).
- Portion into 4 bowls and top with your favorite taco toppings!
4 servings: 1 serving – 1 GREEN, 1 RED, BLUE (to taste- I used 1/2)
Weight Watchers FS Points – 5 per serving (using low fat cheese)
Keywords: soup, chili, beef, low-carb, grain-free, gluten-free, vegetables, dinner, lunch, mexican