These adorable and easy 21 Day Fix Easy Chocolate Macaroons are such a favorite in our house, and yet they are gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, egg-free, refined sugar free, and nut free! A safe and delicious recipe for all!
- 1 1/2 cups Bob’s Red Mills Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1 tablespoon Bob’s Red Mills Organic Coconut Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the chocolate layer
- 3 T maple syrup (you can sub honey, but I definitely prefer the syrup)
- 3 T coconut oil
- 2 1/4 T cacao or cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine shredded coconut and coconut flour.
- Pulse in salt, coconut oil, honey, and vanilla until a dough forms.
- Grab a silicon mold and portion about 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough into each opening. Press down with your fingers or a small spoon to smooth out cookies.**If you don’t have silicone mold, you could always use lined muffin tins.
- Bake for 7 minutes.
- While cookies are baking, melt coconut oil over low heat. Remove from heat and whisk in maple syrup, then slowly whisk in the cacao powder until smooth. Taste and adjust for sweetness or a deeper chocolate flavor. Chocolate shouldn’t be too runny – if necessary, add a little more cacao powder to thicken it up.
- When cookies are done, use a teaspoon to drizzle on the chocolate layer. Place cookie tray in the freezer for 30 minutes to chill.
- Once cookies are set, carefully remove them from the silicone mold and enjoy!
- Store in the refrigerator.
Yields 1 dozen cookies
1 cookie = 1 orange and 1 tsp
3 cookies = 1 treat swap
Keywords: egg-free, dairy-free, grain-free, gluten-free, paleo, refined sugar-free, cookies, macaroons, coconut, chocolate, baked good, treats,