This 21 Day Fix Easy Lemon Chicken recipe is so versatile – make it for dinner, meal prep it for lunch, or serve it for company. It’s THAT good! Oh – and it’s also gluten free!
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts – I like them on the thinner side
- 1 Tbs plus 2 tsp of clarified or vegan butter
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup of rice flour (or regular flour)
- 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 1 Tbs lemon zest
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- fresh parsley if you have some! (we didn’t)
- Mix together rice flour, garlic powder, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Lightly dredge each piece of chicken in flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- Over medium heat, melt butter mix in olive oil. Brown chicken on each side for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Turn heat up to high and deglaze your pan with the lemon juice and chicken broth. Reduce heat to medium and stir liquid with the browned pan drippings from chicken.
- Add chicken back to pan and top with lemon zest. Simmer on low heat for about ten minutes. Sauce should thicken a bit. Top with lemon slices and simmer for 5 more minutes. Sprinkle with additional salt and pepper if desired and top with fresh parsley, if you have it.
- Delicious served with brown rice and steamed veggies!
21 Day Fix Containers- 1 RED, 1/4 YELLOW (I don’t count this), and 2 tsp per serving
Weight Watchers Freestyle- 5 points per serving
- Serving Size: 1 piece of chicken
Keywords: chicken, lemon, dinner, gluten-free, stove top, low-carb, italian