Cheesy bacon breakfast bites are the perfect healthy start to your day. Eggs, bacon, and cheese are baked up into muffin sized bites. Fluffy and flavorful, they’re 21 Day Fix approved, too!
- 6 free range organic eggs
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 6 slices of turkey bacon
- 1 cup of fresh spinach
- 1 cup of diced mushrooms
- 2/3 cup of shredded cheddar, feta, or other cheese of your choice
- Sea or Himalayan salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Coconut oil spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the bacon in the skillet until crispy. Once cooked, place on paper towel lined plate to drain the excess fat.
- Add veggies to pan and sautee for a few minutes until cooked through. Season with salt.
- Whisk the eggs together in a large bowl and add the almond milk.
- Grease the muffin tins with the coconut oil.
- Place the bacon crumbles at the bottom of each muffin tin. Next add the veggies. Then, pour the whisked eggs evenly into the muffin tins, ¾ of the way to the top. Finally, top with cheese and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 15- 20 minutes until cooked through.
- Use a knife to loosen the egg cups from the tin. Remove from muffin tin and serve warm.
Serving size – 2 muffins –
1 RED – 1/3 GREEN – 1/3 BLUE
– These make great leftovers!
Keywords: cheese, bacon, eggs, breakfast, brunch, muffin tin, gluten-free, grain-free