These Fall Harvest Mason Jar Salads are a deliciously perfect make-ahead lunch to keep you full and on track all season long!
- 1 lb chicken breasts, cooked through and diced
- 8 slices of turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 apples, chopped
- 2 pears, chopped
- large head or bag of kale or spinach (or a mix of both)
- matchstick carrots
- optional – feta cheese (be sure to count as a blue), craisins (be sure to count as a yellow)
For the dressing
- 4 T of extra virgin olive oil
- 2.5 T maple syrup
- 2.5 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- Mix together ingredients for the dressing. And divide equally into 4 large mason jars.
- If using kale, chop into tiny bite sized pieces.
- For the Apple Bacon Salad, layer the remaining ingredients in the following order after dressing: 1/3 cup matchstick carrots, 4 slices of turkey bacon, chopped, 1 cup of chopped apple, 1 2/3 cups of greens, 2 T pecans (optional 3T of feta cheese)
- For the Chicken Pear Salad, layer the remaining ingredients in the following order: 1/3 cup matchstick carrots, 2/3 cup diced chicken, 1 pear, sliced or chopped, 1 2/3 cups of greens, 2 T pecans, (optional 3T of feta cheese)
- Store jars in the fridge for 4-5 days. Remove from fridge and keep out for a few minutes before eating, then shake up the jar to distribute the dressing! Enjoy!
21 Day Fix: 2 GREEN, 1 Orange, 1/2 Blue, 1 Purple, 1 Red per salad
WW Freestyle: Apple Bacon Salad- 12 points with dressing, 6 points without dressing; Chicken Pear Salad- 9 points with dressing, 3 points without dressing
Note: The dressing is TOTALLY delicious and worth giving a shot, but if you aren’t willing to sacrifice the points, check out this resource from Pointed Kitchen for low point salad dressings!
- Serving Size: 1 Mason Jar Salad
Keywords: salad, lunch, gluten-free, fall favorites, seasonal, chicken, dinner, low-cal, high-protein