Butternut Squash Salad is healthy and delicious as both a Holiday meal side, or a weeknight dinner! Sweet roasted butternut squash is paired with tart cranberries and tangy goat cheese in this flavorful, warm side dish made all on one pan!
- 6 cups of peeled and chopped butternut squash
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 T of olive oil
- salt, pepper, and garlic powder, to taste
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (Out of season? Readers have reported that blueberries are an amazing sub!)
- 2 T honey
- ¼ cup of crumbled goat cheese (I used honey flavored from Aldi)
- 1/8–1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- fresh or dried parsley to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray.
- Add cubed squash to the sheet along with another drizzle of olive oil.
- Sprinkle with a light layer of salt, pepper, and garlic powder, based on taste preference.
- Roast at 400 F for 25 minutes on the center rack.
- At the 25 minute mark, pull out the oven rack, and add your fresh cranberries to the roasting pan.
- Return to the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cranberries have started to soften and burst a bit, resembling really juicy craisins vs fresh firm cranberries.
- Remove from oven and add a sprinkle of cinnamon and honey. Then gently mix in goat cheese.
- Garnish with parsley for some beautiful color and serve while it’s hot.
21 Day Fix: 1 GREEN, 1 tsp, trace BLUE, trace PURPLE (per serving)
WW: Green, Blue, Purple – 2 points (per serving)
Keywords: side, butternut squash, winter squash, fall, seasonal, vegetarian, cranberries, goat cheese, gluten-free, grain-free