This 21 Day Fix Instant Pot Maple BBQ Chicken is gluten-free, dairy-free, and so amazingly easy to make in your Instant Pot! It was a hit with my husband and the kids. Enjoy BBQ all year long with your Instant Pot.
- 1 to 1.5 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup of coconut aminos (or sub low sodium soy sauce if not gluten-free)
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- sprinkle of sea or Himalayan salt and black pepper
- optional – thickener of your choice (arrowroot, tapioca, cornstarch, etc)
- Place chicken thighs in Instant Pot.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients (besides thickener). Pour sauce over chicken.
- Set to manual for 10 minutes. After cook time, switch to quick release. Open the lid carefully once it is unlocked. Remove chicken thighs with slotted spoon and set aside.
- To thicken the BBQ sauce, set Instant Pot to saute. Stir as it simmers. If you need to thicken it more, add in your choice of thickener, one tsp at a time until desired thickness. Taste and adjust seasonings and add a touch more maple syrup for a sweeter sauce. Cover chicken with sauce and enjoy!
- For the slow cooker: Place thighs and ingredients for BBQ sauce in crock pot. Cook on low for 4 hours. After cook time is through, simmer sauce in a small saucepan over medium low heat until desired thickness. Enjoy!
1 RED, 1 tsp – I count it this way bc thighs have more fat than chicken breasts.
Weight Watchers Freestyle Points – 8 points per serving (5 if you use chicken breasts)
- Serving Size: 2/3 cup of chicken
Keywords: BBQ, chicken, instant pot, gluten-free, dinner, lunch, meal prep, dairy-free