This Instant Pot Beanless Chili is perfect for 21 Day Fixers and all my Whole 30/Paleo friends, too! And while it’s easy to adapt to the stove top, it so simple and quick in the Instant Pot…perfect for a busy weeknight!
- 1.5 pounds ground beef (or sub ground chicken or ground turkey)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cups carrots,peeled and diced
- 1 cup of bell peppers, diced
- 2 cups of zucchini, cut into half moons
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 15-ounce can tomato puree or tomato sauce
- 2 small (10oz) cans of tomatoes with green chilies
- Set your Instant Pot to Saute and brown beef until beef is thoroughly cooked, adding garlic for the last minute. Drain excess fat, set aside.
- Add oil, onions, celery, carrots, peppers, and seasonings to the Pot and saute until onions are translucent. Add zucchini, cooked beef, tomatoes, and sauce to the pot and stir.
- Cover IP and be sure valve is set to sealing. Set to manual and cook for 20 minutes. After cook time, switch to venting for quick release.
- Top chili with cilantro and avocado, if desired!
- For the Stovetop – In a large saucepan or dutch oven, brown beef until beef is thoroughly cooked, adding garlic for the last minute. Drain excess fat. Remove beef from pot and set aside. Add oil, onions, celery, carrots, peppers, and seasonings to the pot and saute until onions are translucent. Add zucchini, cooked beef, tomatoes, and sauce to the pot and stir. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 30-45 minutes or until veggies are tender.
1 RED, 1 3/4 GREEN, 1/2 tsp (if you top with avocado, use your BLUE to measure)
Weight Watchers Freestyle Points – 7 per serving
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
Keywords: chili, soup, gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, whole 30, instant pot, mexican, beef