One of my favorite Instant Pot meals to date, this 21 Day Fix Instant Pot Bolognese Sauce with Spaghetti Squash is simple to make, deliciously low carb, and packed with lots of protein and veggie power to keep you full and happy!
- 1 small to medium spaghetti squash
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup of diced onions
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of carrots, diced small
- 1/2 cup of celery, diced small
- 4 tsp vegan butter or ghee (can sub regular butter)
- 1 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of white wine (or sub red if you have it)
- 2 T coconut cream (the thick part of canned coconut milk)
- fresh basil
- Himalayan salt
- Parmesan cheese (omit for dairy-free)
- Set Instant Pot to saute and brown ground beef until cooked through. Add in veggies and saute for a few more minutes.
- Next, stir in tomatoes, butter, white wine, and 1/2 tsp of Himalayan salt.
- Wash and dry Spaghetti Squash thoroughly. Using a sharp knife, poke slits all around the squash, then place it in the IP on top of the sauce.
- Lock IP cover and set to manual for 18 minutes.
- After cook time, switch to quick release. Once the IP unlocks, carefully take out just the spaghetti squash and let cool (I use rubber heat safe kitchen gloves). Turn IP to low saute and stir in coconut cream and fresh basil to the bolognese sauce. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Once the spaghetti squash cools enough to handle, cut it in half, remove the seeds, then shred into “spaghetti” using a fork.
- Serve sauce over 1 cup of spaghetti squash and top with fresh basil and Parmesan cheese (omit if dairy free).
2 GREEN, 1 RED, 1 TSP (and measure blue if you top with parm cheese)
Weight Watchers Freestyle Points – 8 points (use 95% beef)
Keywords: instant pot, spaghetti squash, dinner, beef, italian, gluten-free, low-carb