These 21 Day Fix Instant Pot Flank Steak Tacos might be my new favorite taco recipe…and that’s really saying something! Tender, oh-so-delicious meat topped with a cilantro lime slaw and using the IP, it’s ready in minutes.
- 1 –1 1/2lb flank steak, trimmed of any fat and sliced thin – about 1/2 inch strips
- 2 limes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of salt-free taco seasoning
- 1 (10 oz.) can of diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 4 T cilantro
- 2 cups of coleslaw mix (or chop your own cabbage)
- 1/4 of a red onion cut into skinny strips
- 1/2 of a jalapeno, diced and seeds removed
- 1–2 tsp maple syrup or honey
- chili powder (optional)
- corn tortillas, warmed
- Toppings: avocado, cilantro, plain Greek yogurt
- Mix juice and zest of one lime, 2 tsp of olive oil, garlic, salt, 2 T of chopped cilantro, 1/2 tsp of salt and 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning together in the Instant Pot. Add in Flank Steak and let it marinate together for a few minutes, coating both sides of the steak.
- After a couple of minutes, add the can of tomatoes with green chilies to the Instant Pot, place the cover on top and cook on manual, high pressure for 12 minutes. Once cook time is over, let meat sit for five minutes before carefully switching to quick release. Let steam escape before opening your pot.
- While meat is cooking, put together the coleslaw by mixing together the coleslaw mix, red onion, jalapeno, 2 T of chopped cilantro, juice from one lime, maple syrup or honey, and a sprinkle of salt. Mix well and let flavors sit. Sprinkle on some chili powder, if desired.
- Warm tortillas on a grill pan, then serve tacos with yogurt, meat, coleslaw and top with avocado and some extra cilantro. Enjoy!
Serves 4 – 2 tacos per serving – 1 yellow, 1 red, 2/3 green, .5 tsp, 1/2 blue (be sure you measure your avocado topping accordingly)
Weight Watchers Freestyle Points – 8 per serving
- Serving Size: 2 tacos
Keywords: tacos, mexican, steak, beef, instant pot, gluten-free