- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- olive oil spray
- 2 tsp butter or ghee
- 1/2 small onion, finely minced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs (Use Gluten-free bread for GF Crab cakes)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tsp old bay seasoning
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1–2 T freshly chopped cilantro leaves or chives
- 1/2 tsp salt
- lemon wedges, for garnish
- Spray a non stick pan with olive oil spray and cook onion for 4-5 minutes over medium-low heat until the onion gets kind of caramelized, and in garlic and cook for an additional minute. Dump that into a bowl and fold in the crabmeat, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, egg white, lemon juice, 1/2 tsp of salt, old bay, and cilantro, mixing just until well blended, being careful not to break up the lump crab too much.
- Shape the mixture into 4 fat crab cakes. Sprinkle with a little more salt and put them on a plate, cover, and stick them in the refrigerator to chill for at least an hour.
- To serve, heat butter and olive oil in a non stick pan over medium heat. Add the crab cakes – two at a time if you want so you can flip easily – and cook for about 4 minutes each side until nice and crisp. Be careful flipping, as they can fall apart, but they will be delicious even if they do!
- Serve with lots of fresh lemon juice. YUM!
Makes 4 crab cakes. 1/2 YELLOW, 1 RED, 2 tsp per crab cake
Weight Watchers Freestyle Points Per Crabcake: 6
- Serving Size: 1 crab cake
Keywords: appetizer, crab, crab cakes, seafood, gluten-free, paleo