21 Day Fix Lazy Butternut Squash Lasagna is a gluten free, noodle-less, one skillet meal- perfect for cozy weather! You get all the flavors of traditional lasagna with extra added veggie power!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups of butternut squash, sliced into half or quartered moons
- 1 cup of fresh spinach, shredded
- 1 lb of grass fed ground sirloin (would also be great with poultry sausage)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups of homemade or no-sugar added jarred tomato or marinara sauce
- 1 1/4 cup of ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 T of Parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- fresh ground pepper
- fresh basil
- In a broil safe pan, warm olive oil over medium-low heat and then add butternut squash. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, cover, and cook squash 10-12 minutes or until fork tender, adding up to 1/4 cup of water to help steam it, if necessary. Be sure to stir frequently. (Alternatively, you could saute squash for a few minutes, then add 20 minutes of bake time at 350 after assembling the lasagna before broiling to cook it through).
- Remove squash from pan and put aside.
- Add beef to pan and cook through. Add onions, garlic and spinach; cook until soft. Stir 1/4 cup of sauce to beef mixture.
- Add butternut squash back to pan, and flatten beef and veggies down slightly. Top with sauce
- Mix one egg, and T of Parmesan cheese into ricotta and sprinkle with fresh ground pepper. Layer ricotta mixture on top sauce.
- Finally, top with mozzarella cheese.
- Place in your broiler on low for 5-10 minutes or until cheese gets nice and toasty brown. Keep an eye on it, as it happens fast!
- Top with extra basil, Parmesan cheese, and sauce if desired.
Makes 4 servings
21 Day Fix: 1 GREEN, 1 1/2 RED, 3/4 BLUE (a whole if you top with extra Parmesan), 1/2 tsp per serving
WW Freestyle: 12 points per serving (using part skim ricotta and mozzarella)
- Serving Size: 1/4 of skillet
Keywords: dinner, italian, squash, lasagna, low-carb, gluten-free, low-cal