These 21 Day Fix Make Ahead Meatballs are perfect to prep ahead of time and use in sauces, soups, wraps or on a pizza! They are freezer friendly, so I highly recommend making a double batch.
- 1/2 cup of fresh gluten free (or other whole grain) bread crumbs (throw a slice in your blender and pulse)
- 3/4 lb ground chicken or turkey
- 1/2 lb chicken or turkey sausage (I used Spicy Italian), removed from casing
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of parsley
- 1/3 cup of Parmesan/Romano cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons of chicken broth
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350
- Add the first 8 ingredients into a mixing bowl. Beat egg and add it in.
- Very gently, and this is key with ground chicken/turkey, mix just enough to combine ingredients.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with olive oil spray
- Drop small spoons of the meat mixture onto the baking sheet. You do not need to roll or shape them…they won’t look perfect, but the less you handle them, the better!
- Give them another spray of olive oil. Cook for 30 mins or until golden brown. I usually flip mine half way.
21 Day Fix: 1 serving (around 7-8 mini meatballs) is nearly all RED with a small amount (1/3 or less) of YELLOW and BLUE.
WW Freestyle: 9 points per serving (calculated using 93% ground chicken)
Keywords: appetizer, meatballs, poultry, high protein, gluten-free, oven, meal prep