This 21 Day Fix Mexican Lasagna is one of my family’s all time favorite meals! And it makes great leftovers for lunch, too!
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 medium onion
- 1 lb lean ground sirloin or other protein
- 2 T salt free taco seasoning
- 1 1/3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup of refried beans
- 1/4 cup of corn
- 1 can of Rotel
- olive oil cooking spray
- 8 gluten free corn tortillas, cut in half
- 2/3 cup of diced avocado
- diced jalapeno
- cilantro lime yogurt sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Dice the peppers and onions. Heat olive oil in a large skillet and add diced peppers and onions and cook until tender. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Brown your ground meat in the skillet until cooked through. Add Rotel, cooked onions and peppers, corn, and southwest seasoning to the meat. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Spray the bottom of a 9×13 pan with cooking spray. Line the bottom of the pan with 8 tortilla halves and spray tortillas with a bit more cooking spray. Then spread with half of the refried beans, then layer 1/2 of the meat and vegetable mixture over top.
- Layer the remaining 8 tortilla halves on top of the meat mixture and repeat the directions above.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is hot and bubbly.
- Top with diced jalapenos, fresh cilantro, avocado, and some cilantro line yogurt sauce and enjoy!
Makes 6 servings
21 Day Fix: 1 YELLOW 1 GREEN 2/3 RED (but a full red if using the yogurt sauce) 1 BLUE (with avocado topping)
WW Blue Plan: 9 points per serving (using 95% fat free beef, and reduced fat cheddar); yogurt sauce extra
- Serving Size: 1/6 of pan
Keywords: mexican, lasagna, oven, dinner, gluten-free, beef