Low Carb Nachos using mini bell peppers are not only cute, but so yummy! Juicy ground beef and simple fresh salsa give these the flavor they need. Don’t forget your favorite toppings!
- 1-2 T of homemade salt-free taco seasoning OR the following spices:
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- sprinkle of salt
- 1 lb ground meat
- 1 lb mini peppers, halved and seeded
- 2/3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups prepared fresh salsa
- fresh cilantro
- additional toppings – avocado, plain Greek yogurt, olives, etc
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown meat until just cooked through. Add spices and 1/4 cup of the fresh salsa. Sauté until well combined. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a large baking try with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Arrange mini peppers in a single layer, cut-side up but very close together. Press down on peppers to make “chips”.
- Sprinkle with meat, the remaining salsa, shredded cheese, salt, and fresh cilantro. Bake for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melty.
- Remove from oven and top with desired toppings. Serve immediately.
1 Serving = 8 mini pepper halves
21 Day Fix: 1 RED, 2 GREEN, 1/2 BLUE (be sure to also count toppings!) per serving
WW Freestyle: 7 points per serving (calculated using 93% ground beef and reduced fat cheese), plus toppings if you use them!
- Serving Size: 1/4 of nachos
Keywords: appetizer, snack, mexican, nachos, gluten-free, peppers