French toast is a favorite breakfast treat for many people, but it’s not usually a very healthy option… until now! These mini French toast casserole cups are 21 Day Fix approved and only 1 WW Freestyle point per cup!
- 6 eggs
- 6 pieces of gluten free, whole grain, or Ezekial bread, cubed
- 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 10 drops of liquid stevia (or sub 2T maple syrup or honey)
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- fresh fruit – anything goes, but berries are a personal favorite!
- sliced almonds (optional)
- Cooking spray or coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 350, or skip this step if you are assembling this the night before.
- Beat eggs and add almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon and stevia. Mix well.
- Spray a cupcake tin well with cooking spray, or grease with coconut oil.
- Evenly distribute cubes of bread into tins, then add in your fruit between layers of bread.
- Pour egg mixture evenly into each of the “muffins” making sure all of the bread gets covered. Squish it around if necessary (don’t you love my fancy cooking terms?).
- Before baking, I added a small amount of sliced almonds (crushed up) to the top of the mini FTs, as well as some more cinnamon. Then I drizzled 1/2 tsp pure maple syrup evenly over each one. You could also add a small pat of coconut oil.
- This would be fine sitting overnight in the fridge. Go to bed!
- Cook muffins on 350 for 25-30 mins and enjoy warm! If you add more maple syrup after baking, be sure to count it!
21 Day Fix: 1/2 YELLOW, 1/4 RED, 1/4 PURPLE, 1/2-1 sweetener tsp, per muffin
WW Freestyle: 1 point per muffin
Keywords: breakfast, french toast, muffins, whole grains, vegetarian, kid-friendly, dairy-free