Quick and Easy One Skillet Burrito Bowl that gets dinner on the table in under 30 minutes!
- olive oil cooking spray
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1lb lean ground meat (I used ground turkey)
- 1 (14.5oz) can of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of quick cook brown rice (I LOVE Aldi organic)
- 1 cup of organic low sodium chicken stock or broth
- 1/4 cup of black beans
- 1/4 cup of corn
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2/3 cup of cheese
- fresh cilantro
- chopped green onion
- Coat a pan with olive oil spray and saute meat until cooked through.
- Add peppers and diced tomatoes to pan and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Next add rice, broth, beans, corn and spices. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer covered for 15-20 minutes (or follow directions on your rice) until rice is cooked through.
- Remove from heat, add cheese, and cover again for 5 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings to taste. Top with fresh cilantro, green onion, and serve!
- This would also be yummy with olives, fresh lime, avocado, and plain Greek yogurt if you have any on hand!
1 RED, 1 GREEN, 1 YELLOW, 1/2 BLUE
- Serving Size: 1/4 of skillet
Keywords: mexican, dinner, one skillet, skillet meal, gluten-free, meat, low-carb