- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. shredded basil
- 2/3 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 cups of cooked spaghetti squash
- Spray a large skillet with olive oil and season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat until golden and cooked through, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Lower heat to medium low and add the two teaspoons of olive oil to the pan. Add onion and stir for a few minutes or until they begin soften. Next, add garlic and stir for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Finally, add tomatoes and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with salt and let simmer until soft, about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in a tablespoon of basil. Return chicken to skillet and nestle in tomatoes. Top evenly with mozzarella and cover with lid to melt cheese.
- Spoon tomatoes and chicken and sauce over spaghetti squash and garnish with remaining basil.
makes 4 servings
21 Day Fix: 1 1/2 GREEN, 1 RED, 1/2 BLUE, 1/2 tsp per serving
WW Freestyle: 3 points per serving
- Serving Size: 1/4 of skillet over 1 cup of spaghetti squash
Keywords: dinner, italian, chicken, stove top, skillet, gluten-free, grain-free, low-carb