These 21 Day Fix Pancakes with Caramelized Bananas and Walnuts are a decadent breakfast treat – you will have no idea that they are low in sugar and dairy/gluten free! Have them for breakfast or dessert – your choice!
- 1 1/2 cups of Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-1 Baking Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 tsp maple syrup
- 1 1/3 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter (I used dairy free) plus 3 tsp butter for cooking the pancakes
- coconut oil cooking spray
- 3 ripe bananas, sliced
- 8 walnut halves, chopped up small
- Whisk together milk, eggs, melted butter, vanilla extract, and maple syrup. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined. Batter will be lumpy! Don’t overmix – those lumps are the key to fluffy pancakes! Let batter rest for a few minutes.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan or skillet to medium low heat and spray with cooking spray. Melt 1/4 tsp of butter and place 4 banana slices on the pan, so they are touching and make a square. Let bananas caramelize for a minute (I like to flip mine) then add a few crushed walnuts to the pan. Pour a large spoonful of the pancake batter over the bananas and nuts (I use a ¼ measuring cup slightly less than full). Cook until the edges begin to crisp up and the pancake bubbles are open. Carefully flip and cook the second side until cooked through.
- Repeat with remaining batter. You should get approximately 12 pancakes.
- Top with additional walnuts and banana slices if you have extra and a tsp of maple syrup.
For 2 pancakes –
21 Day Fix: 1 Yellow, 1 Purple, Trace Blue, 1 1/2 tsp, 2/3 sweetener tsp (per 2 pancakes)
WW Blue: 8 points with walnuts, 7 points without (per 2 pancakes)
- Serving Size: 2 pancakes
Keywords: 21 Day Fix Pancakes, Banana Pancakes, Gluten-free Pancakes, 2B Mindset Pancakes, Gluten-free Dairy Free Pancakes