The perfect low carb appetizer for the big game, these 21 Day Fix Mini Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Pepper Nachos have all the flavors of our favorite sandwich without all the extra calories! We love these so much, we even make them for dinner!
- 1 lb mini bell peppers, sliced in half long ways and seeded
- 1 1/2lbs of thinly sliced and chopped sirloin, ribeye, flank, or roast beef
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups of finely diced mushrooms
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 1/2 white or yellow onion, diced
- 8 slices of provolone cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- garlic powder
- sea or Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 375
- Place pepper halves on a baking sheet (I lined mine with parchment for less mess).
- In a cast iron or non stick pan, sauté beef on medium high heat until cooked through and crispy. Sprinkle with salt and garlic powder. Remove meat from pan and set aside.
- Add 2 tsp olive oil to pan along with your veggies. Saute together over medium heat until veggies are tender and onions are transparent. Add meat mixture back in and let the flavors meld together for a few minutes over low heat. Remove pan from stove. Taste filling and just seasoning as necessary.
- Fill pepper halves with meat and veggie mixture. Place in oven for 10-12 minutes or until peppers begin to soften slightly. **If you are making these ahead of time, stop here and place in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
- Remove pan from the oven and top each pepper half with 1/4 slice of provolone. I kind of tucked the ends into the pepper halves. Place back in the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Enjoy while warm!
21 Day Fix: 4 pepper halves for an appetizer: 3/4 red, 1/2 blue, 1 green
8 pepper halves for a dinner: 1 1/2 red, 1 blue, 2 green, 1/2 tsp
WW Freestyle: (use reduced fat cheese and lean flank steak) 4 pepper halves for an appetizer: 5 points
8 pepper halves for a dinner: 11 points
- Serving Size: 4 peppers for an appetizer; 8 for a dinner
Keywords: appetizer, side, mexican, snack, low-carb, gluten-free, nachos