These Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes are just as tasty as the original, but dairy-free, gluten-free, refined sugar-free and perfectly portion controlled! The perfect summertime dessert!
- coconut oil or coconut oil spray
- 1 T coconut flour
- 2 cups almond flour (I LOVE Bob’s Red Mill Super-Fine Almond Flour)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup plus 2 T
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 pineapple rings
- 1/3 cup of pineapple juice reserved from can
- 4 tsp vegan butter or coconut oil
- Grease 6 muffin tins liberally with coconut oil or coconut oil spray and preheat oven 350. Place 1 pineapple ring in each tin.
- Mix almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium-sized bowl. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, 1/3 cup maple syrup, pineapple juice from can, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Melt butter or coconut oil and mix in 2 T of maple syrup. Drizzle over pineapple rings, then pour batter into the prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cakes are golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool, then carefully use a butter knife around the edges of the cake to release. Flip pan over carefully to release cupcakes. Top with a cherry in the center!
21 Day Fix: 1 YELLOW treat swap per cupcake
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
Keywords: pineapple, dessert, snack, treat, gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, baked goods